Church of the Holy Triumvirate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mechanism of Summoning

Go down

The Mechanism of Summoning Empty The Mechanism of Summoning

Post  TimeDragon888 Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 am

Originally posted by NightWing on 24 Jan 2010. Link here: http://surrealtwilight.com/viewtopic.php?p=334810#p334810

The Mechanism of Summoning

Magicians, knights, heroes, and mythical creatures of good and evil serving the protagonists or antagonists... Your typical fantasy novel characters, these. Some well-known intelligent specimen, such as elves, dwarves, etc. creates their own society, avoiding human activities. The other powerful creatures, like demons, roam freely around whatever world or place they live. Humans wanted their power to achieve things they want, so they thought of ways to make the creatures obey them and do their wills. But various specimen lived in many faraway regions, inconveniently scattered around. Since they could not travel so far away time to time when they needed the creatures' power, they started a new research of how to make THEM come to humans. That was the first attempt of the summonings.

Today I, NightWing, is here to teach you about how this summonings are done, with the references from various fantasy novels and movies. Now, now, I know it sounds unpromising, but please listen first and decide before you leave, please.

Part 1: Preparation

Alright; to begin with, there are few things needed before the actual summoning:

1. Strength

You should know properly about your mental and/or physical capability. Bringing the creature of other places─usually afar from where us mortals are─against their will is easier said than done. Unlike the creature of meek and weak, powerful beings usually despise being summoned due to thier pride. The first summon is very important, as it is the opportunity to show your first impression, which should be overpowering as you will be their "master." [size=85]Well, otherwise you will perish like heretics amid the Triumvifart... *snickers*[/size]

*Ahem* Moving on.

2. Proper Incantations

Spells and chants for summoning are numerous, considering that there are billions of creatures of different species and characteristics. More powerful the creature is, longer incantation to speak. Some unpleasant ones, as previously said, that do not like being summoned against their will may try to seek harm on the summoner for freedom. Make a single mistake and they will use it as their advantage─thus this procedure should be carried out carefully.

3. The Summoning Pentacle

This usually consists of pentagonal/hexagonal star inside a circle, pinpointing where the creature would appear. (You know, the thing that usually appears under the wizards' feet when they're performing a magic.) The defensive spells are written inside according to what kind of creature you are summoning to prevent them from coming out and get you. Same as the spoken incantations, when the procedure of drawing the pentacle goes astray, well─excuse me, I can't find any other word to describe this─you're f***ed. They will immediately break away and escape and/or cause a brutal damage/demise on the summoner. This includes simply being perished into nothing, tearing of limbs, or─ah, blast it─just imagine slow deaths performed on you by Superman. Yeah, that's right.

4. Incenses

According to the Bartimaeus Trilogy, one of my research sources, some substances are burned to fill the room with their scents before the summoning, lined around the pentacle. The purpose of this I have less clue, though I've drawn couple hypothesis about this matter: a) To calm the creatures down before giving their tasks, or b) another protective spell of some kind. Choice B is the more likely purpose, I assume.

5. Offensive Spells

The creatures are not good little disciplined kids. Sometimes they will go rampaging uncontrollably, and to give them a lesson you should go on some hard ways. There are numerous attack spells that I cannot simply list here, so I suggest researching them on your own. The spells might work effectively depends on the creature's characteristics, thus understanding their weaknesses is important.

After you get your hands on them, you are ready to go.

Part 2: You Are A Summoner Now!

With all the materials gathered, we can finally begin our summoning. This is quite simple, actually. The procedures follows below:

1) Draw the pentacles. One for the creature, and one for you. Chalks are preferred. Draw accordingly from the text of whatever instruction you have, and write the correct protective spells within it. After then, place the required insence pots around the creature's pentacle and burn the substances. Scented candles works, too.

2) Read the incantation. Don't worry even if you cannot remember the right words; just read off of the book.
CAUTION: Most of the spells are written in foreign languages such as Greek or Latin, so be careful while pronouncing each words. You don't have to be a fast reader; accuracy is the key.

3) Interrogation. After the desired creature is summoned, talk your way out to make it do your will. Remember, if they shows any hint of defiance, in any means remind them who's in charge.

4) Dismissal. Not much explanation needed here, right? Just speak a few syllables, and they will be happy to depart.

I guess that's all we need to know, so I shall sum up here. Although many materials and cautious preparation steps are needed beforehand, I found this arts of summoning quite helpful for the Church. Henceforth, I encourage the Church of Triumvirate to study the methods to summon anything necessary when it comes to heretic smiting. Thank you for listening.

TimeDragon888
Admin

https://holytriumvirate.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum